The complete guide to West End shows opening in 2020
With a variety of productions and world premieres opening in 2020 as well as the biggest musicals in town including Hamilton, Wicked and The Book of Mormon, the West End is the place to be. Showcasing the world’s top performers across London’s theatres, don’t miss out on your chance to visit one of the newest shows in the West End set to open in 2020.
West End shows to open in 2020
The Prince of Egypt at the Dominion Theatre
Journey to ancient Egypt via the Dominion Theatre as The Prince of Egypt receives its British premiere this year. A star cast including Luke Brady, Liam Tamne, Alexia Khadime and Christine Allado will lead the show, as a young man ponders over what it means to live ‘through Heaven’s eyes’. Find out more about the musical and book The Prince of Egypt tickets.
Pretty Woman at the Piccadilly Theatre
Pretty Woman: The Musical receives its West End premiere at the Piccadilly Theatre in 2020. Based on the 1990 movie of the same name, fall in love with Vivian Ward and Edward Lewis once more, with the iconic costumes, scenes and all your favourite moments recreated on stage, set to a soundtrack by Bryan Adams and Jim Vallance. To miss out would be a big mistake… big… huge.
Shows closed in 2020
- Coming Clean at Trafalgar Studios
- Frank Skinner at the Garrick Theatre
- Musik at Leicester Square Theatre
- The Wedding Singer at Troubadour Wembley Park Theatre
- Opera Undone at Trafalgar Studios
- Endgame at the Old Vic
- Kunene and the King at the Ambassadors Theatre
- Blithe Spirit at the Duke of York’s Theatre
- One Jewish Boy at Trafalgar Studio Two
- Upstart Crow at the Gielgud Theatre
- Uncle Vanya at the Harold Pinter Theatre
- The Seagull at the Playhouse Theatre
- On Blueberry Hill at Trafalgar Studios
- Leopoldstadt at Wyndham’s Theatre
- Be More Chill at The Other Palace