Hop on your broomstick at London’s Victoria and be transported to the wondrous world of Harry Potter! This behind-the-scenes tour of the creation of England’s most successful film franchise is an unrivalled look at British filmmaking techniques and a celebration of J.K.Rowling’s magical world.
As you enter through the Great Hall at Hogwarts™, you’ll be awe-struck at the attention to detail that went into creating the non-muggle world. Costumes and specially made props line the walls and halls of this film studio tour and show a level of detail that may even have gone unnoticed in the films.
Step into the sets used to film all 8 movies, including Privet Drive, Diagon Alley, Platform 9 ¾, Dumbledore’s office, the Burrow and Hagrid’s Hut, before taking a mug of Butterbeer™ to perk you up for the second half of the tour - a fascinating look at the animatronic and prosthetic techniques used to bring magical creatures to life on screen. Blueprints and designs are displayed, along with 3D models of iconic landmarks from the films, and filmmaking secrets are revealed.
The tour concludes with a view of the grand model of the Hogwarts™ castle, an emotional experience for the true Harry Potter fan. It’s the perfect day out for fans and movie buffs alike!
· Step inside the actual Great Hall
· Explore Dumbledore’s Office and discover never before seen treasures
· Step onto the famous cobbles of Diagon Alley, featuring the shop fronts of Ollivanders Wand Shop, Flourish and Blotts, the Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes, Gringotts Wizarding Bank and Eeylops Owl Emporium
· See Iconic props from the films, including Harry’s Nimbus 2000 and Hagrid's motorcycle
· Learn how creatures were brought to life with green screen effects, animatronics and life-sized models
· Redescover other memorable sets the film series, including the Gryffindor common room, the boy’s dormitory, Hagrid’s hut, Snape's Potion’s classroom and Professor Umbridge’s office at the Ministry of Magic
· Delve into the Dark Arts: see the Malfoy Manor fireplace and table around Bellatrix Lestrange, the Malfoy family, the Death Eaters and Voldermort sat plus a 20-foot model of Voldermort’s snake Nagini!
Please note: Due to restrictions imposed by Westminster Council and Transport for London the complimentary hotel pick-up service will NOT be operating next year. From 1st April 2017, guests will be asked to make their way directly to our Visitor Centre in Victoria.
The address is:
4 Fountain Square
123-151 Buckingham Palace Road
London SW1W 9SH
Please turn up at least 15 minutes before departure time to allow for check in. Tour at Warner Bros. Studios lasts 3 hours.
Return transportation to Warner Bros. Studio Tour London on a Double Decker branded bus.
While manual and electric wheelchairs are welcome inside the Studio Tour, we do require advance notice if you are visiting as part of a large group due to seating restrictions within the cinema at the beginning of your visit. Due to the layout of the attraction, this also means that only a certain number of wheelchair users can enter the latter part of the tour at any given time. Visitor Services are happy to discuss this and any other concerns prior to booking.
The majority of the Studio Tour is suitable for wheelchairs but some areas can be difficult to navigate, this includes Diagon Alley’s cobbled street and the Great Hall’s slate floor. The Hogwart’s Bridge can only be accessed via a short staircase and alternative access cannot be provided because the bridge, as an original set piece, has an uneven surface which is unsuitable for wheelchair users. The Knight Bus also has a short boarding platform which cannot be accessed by wheelchairs.
Golden Tours, 4 Fountain Square, 121-151 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9SH. Please take your confirmation/voucher along with photo ID and credit card used for purchase with you.
Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult whilst in the vicinity of the tour.
Find out more about the venue's location and how to get there.