History

The first "New Theatre" on this site opened in 1836 and presented music hall entertainment. This was replaced in 1886 by new premises, which were the home of Oxford University Dramatic Society. The theatre was damaged by a fire in 1892 and was enlarged in 1908, from when it was continuously under the management of the Dorrill family until 1972. The theatre is now owned by The Ambassador Theatre Group (ATG) who are the biggest theatre owners in the country, owning 40 theatres across the UK.

Where is Oxford New Theatre

George Street Oxford OX1 2AG